Getting started at Yellowstone Schools is easy. Simply, select apply now and follow the instructions. If you have questions, please contact Damon Gunn at 713.655.0596.
Now accepting applications for the 2019-2020 school year.
Yellowstone Academy is a safe and supportive learning environment where students can engage in academic excellence and spiritual growth to reach their full potential.
- Priority applications are being accepted from November 16 – January 15. Any applications submitted after January 15 automatically go on the waiting list for next year.
- Beginning in January, qualified applicants will be invited to come in for a student assessment & parent interview
Yellowstone College Prep provides small class sizes, a safe environment inside and outside the classroom, involvement and engagement from all of our families and community partners.
- Now accepting applications!
- All completed applications will be entered into a lottery on February 15.
- If the number of applications received by February 15 is less than the number of open seats, all completed applications will automatically be admitted.
- If the number of applications received by February 15 is greater than the number of open seats, a random lottery will be drawn.
- Applicants who are not admitted will be added to a waitlist. If seats become available, families will be notified.
- Applications submitted after February 15 will be admitted on a first come, first serve basis or added to the waitlist, depending on seat availability.
How to be a Part of the Yellowstone Schools Community
Yellowstone Academy is a private school providing education from Pre-K3 to 4th grade. It is governed by a nonprofit public charity and the private school is faith-based. Yellowstone College Prep is a new public charter school dedicated to building leaders from 5th to 8th grade. Yellowstone College Prep will grow to serve 9th-12th grade students by adding a grade level each year beginning in the Fall of 2018. Yellowstone College Prep is governed by a public school board that is independent and accountable to the State and public. Yellowstone College Prep is not faith based, and as a public school, complies with applicable federal and state laws. While the two schools share a facility, they are separate educational programs that work together and with numerous other community organizations to serve the Third Ward and children of Houston.