Giving In-Kind Gifts to Yellowstone
Please contact Maria Anderson if you are planning to make an in-kind gift to Yellowstone.
Maria Anderson, Director of Development
713.741.8000 ext. 1090
In-Kind Donations are non-cash contributions and are governed by different laws than cash, check or other monetary gifts. For a full explanation, check out Topic No. 506 – Charitable Contributions on IRS.gov.
- Copy Paper (8.5×11) or lined notebook paper
- Office Supplies (sticky notes, dry erase markers, pencils)
- Hand wipes, hand sanitizer, anti-bacterial cleaning wipes
- Tissue (Kleenex)
- Laundry Detergent (High Efficiency, any brand)
- Recess Supplies (kickballs, hula hoops, jump ropes, etc.)
- Pre-Packaged Snacks (crackers, pretzels, granola bars, etc.)
- Target, Kroger, Walmart, Visa gift cards (for classroom supply purchases)
- Shell gift cards (for alumni support and student transportation — especially in $25 or $50 denominations)
Yellowstone is actively seeking corporate partners that would support Yellowstone through financial contributions as well as employee involvement, with volunteer opportunities to help supervise field trips, read to our younger students, help serve special lunches, and/or help with extracurricular activities such as athletics, cheer-leading, or Boy Scouts.
We believe that a combination of financial support and employee volunteer support from a corporate partner will promote the long-term objectives of Yellowstone and provide a positive “return on investment” for the company.
For more information about corporate partnership opportunities, please contact Maria Anderson at 713-741-8000 ext. 1090, or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions or volunteer hours made by their employees. Some companies also match gifts made by retirees and/or spouses. To find out if your company has a matching gift policy, please enter your employer’s name below.
If your company is eligible, request a matching gift form from your employer, and send it completed and signed with your gift. We will do the rest. The impact of your gift to Yellowstone Academy may be doubled or possibly tripled!
See if your company will match your gift!
Making a Gift of Appreciated Securities to Yellowstone
When transferring a gift of appreciated securities to Yellowstone Academy, please send through the school’s brokerage account with US Capital Advisors, NFS Account Number HSQ-017090.
- Please contact Doug Masterson at US Capital Advisors, LLC at 713.343.0640.
- Prior to receipt by US Capital, please send Yellowstone a letter of transmittal that will confirm your gift (see the sample letter below). Please state in this letter the name of the appreciated securities and the number of shares to be transferred. You may email this to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it by fax to 713.255.4310.
- The date that the stock is received in the Yellowstone’s DTC account  is the date of the gift.
- The value of the stock is determined by taking the average of the high and the low on the date of receipt into the account.
- The securities will be sold no later than the next business day following date of receipt.
- If you have any questions about this transaction, please call Doug Masterson with US Capital Advisors at 713.343.0640 or Maria Anderson at 713.741.8000 ext. 1090.
Thank you for your gift to Yellowstone!
Sample Letter of Transmittal
Please email or fax this letter to the Yellowstone Development Office at email@example.com or 713.255.4310.
To: Yellowstone Academy
From: Mr. and Mrs. John Doe
RE: Gift of Stock
Mr. and Mrs. John Doe are transferring _________ shares of _________________________________ stock to Yellowstone Academy through the school’s DTC account 0226 at National Financial Services.
This gift is: (Please choose one)
- a fulfillment/partial fulfillment of a pledge
- a general operationg/capital donation
- going towards a fund designated to __________________________
Mr. and Mrs. John Doe