Dear Yellowstone Families,
To comply with the Governor’s orders today, Yellowstone will remain closed through Friday, May 1. We are currently planning to re-open on May 4th, and we will reevaluate closer to that date based on continued communication with state and local officials. In the meantime, we are fully committed to our ongoing remote learning initiatives. You can learn more about our program by clicking here: https://yellowstoneschools.org/2020/03/remote-learning-launches-today/.
We have been in touch with over 85% of our families and we are working now on plans to deploy additional technology resources to families who have indicated they need assistance. Please continue to reach out to your child’s teacher and grade level team to make sure you stay in touch this week.
Food Distribution Update
On Wednesday, April 1, we will once again be providing food distribution for our families and the community. This week’s distribution will be different than last week, please note these updates:
- To comply with safety considerations for our workers and the city, we will only do a meal distribution on Wednesday this week.
- This week’s delivery/pick-up will include seven days worth of breakfast and lunch meals. The meals will come in a medium sized box and include a gallon of milk.
- The times for delivery and campus pick-up will be from 11:00 to 2:00.
- Unlike last week, if you are a Yellowstone parent or guardian, your child does not have to be present with you to pick up the meal box.
- We will also be serving meals to any child under age 18, even if they are not currently a Yellowstone student.
- Please note that our bus routes have changed to accommodate the timing and needs of our families. You can access the new route information here: https://yellowstoneschools.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Bus-Routes-Food-Distribution-Program-April-2020.pdf
We encourage you to take advantage of this food distribution service, particularly as the Mayor extends the “Stay Home, Work Safe” directive for the city.
Finishing the Year Strong and Looking Ahead
As we indicated in our previous family communication, it is critical that our students continue to participate daily in the learning opportunities we are providing. As we look ahead to this full month out of school, it will be tempting to not take these studies as seriously because of our extended time away. Please encourage your family to stay connected and engaged.
We will continue to collect grades, and student participation in our online learning will impact our promotion and retention considerations for later this spring. Thank you for partnering with us to ensure your child is able to learn and grow during this time.
We will update you later this week on our plans for food distribution the week of April 6th and our technology deployment. We hope and pray that each of you is weathering this crisis, and we look forward to our ongoing work with you. Talk with you soon,
The Yellowstone Team